Sròndoire Community Wind Farm
3 turbines | 120m to blade tip | 6MW
Sròndoire is a sister development to the successful Allt Dearg project, which in turn has demonstrated that a wind farm developed by and for the benefit of the local community can deliver very significant economic and social benefits in addition to utility scale production of renewable energy.
With the emergence of additional grid export capacity to the site, Sròndoire has replicated the success of Allt Dearg and extends the benefits of community ownership to neighbouring Tarbert & Skipness to the South, and Kilfinan on Cowal to the East.
Sròndoire & Allt Dearg have delivered more than promised, and together have become a model of community ownership of renewable energy for direct local benefit. For more details see the Allt Dearg and Sròndoire Community Wind Farm website.
Cruach a'Phubail, 9km south of Ardrishaig, Argyll
- Underpins the long term future of two large estates
- 1/6th community owned by Tarbert and Kilfinan communities.
- Local jobs through construction and operational support
- 21 million units of carbon-free electricity annually, equivalent to the consumption of 3,000 homes
- Supports traditional farming methods used on the estates
Developed in partnership with the two landowners & local community