6 turbines | 126m to blade tip | 12.3MW
Muirhall Wind Farm is located in the Clydesdale area of central Scotland, on open plateau ground between Auchengray and Tarbrax.
In January 2008 the windfarm was granted planning approval by South Lanarkshire Council after a period of 34 months in the planning system.
Through an innovative partnership with Lomond Energy, the wind farm is the first in the area to be developed independently by a local landowner not only to diversify his and three neighbouring farms, but also to help develop the local community’s needs through a significant community fund.
Muirhall Farm, Auchengray, South Lanarkshire
Operational since March 2011
- Underpinning the future for 4 local farms through land rent
- £50k per annum to local communities
- Improved public access to site
- 38m units of carbon-free electricity annually, equivalent to the consumption of 8,000 homes
- Habitat management plan to enhance the nature conservation value of the site
- Development partnership with Chris Walker/Muirhall Energy